Hub Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Issues

Starting about a week ago, every day I have to unplug my hub two or three times before it will start working correctly. I can log into the hub but none of the devices can be switched on or off, they all show up orange (I am on a windows phone). Here is what I have: 2 LED bulbs, 2 Plug-ins, and an Open/Close sensor. I am getting the text notifications for the Open/Close sensor.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Chris

In order for everything to work again, I have to unplug the hub (the little white box) two or three times before it will start operating correctly again. I have three devices in my house my house that I use to access my INSTEON Hub, two Windows 8 computers and my Windows Phone. All three have the same problem, until the hub (the little white box) is restarted a couple times. Like I said this started about a week ago.

Comment

Just check, and my iPad is doing the same thing. It seems like the hub and the devices are not talking to each other.

Comment

Oh and it doesn't matter from where, locally on my WiFi or remotely with my cell connection, same result.

Comment

Yes, all apps are up-to-date. The problem isn't with the app, I can load the app fine on all devices. The problem in the white box (hub?), I have to power-cycle that repeatedly before I turn the devices on and off. Everything will work fine for about a day before I have to power-cycle the white box again. Not sure if you understanding what I am saying.

Comment

What's the result if, instead of cycling power to the Hub, you log out and in again.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I was seeing essentially the same symptoms when I attempted factory reset of whole house yesterday.
              I had attempted to setup hub account again using android app and didn't realize app wasn't finished. Tried to set static manually as I had earlier with win app, but account and hub wouldn't communicate again. Next hub factory reset used windows phone app. Things looked ok while added about 8 devices. Then it started to behave as described above.

​When monitored via Verizon FiOS router, I could see and ping active hub for only a few minutes after plugging it in. I attempted to create a static lease for the hub but that didn't seem to help.
              ​I could see with GetInfo.asp that it took several power off/on for the GetInfo.asp information to actually match what my router was telling me.
              When I attempted to look at house information, the local gateway, mask, time were all blank. This was for Android, Win8 (on Surface2), and Win8 Phone apps.

In frustration ​I kept the hub2 unplugged overnight and manually configured a few links.
              ​Then today I plugged the hub back in, and viola, everything is wonderful again.

​I would suspect you are still using DHCP for hub, and haven't configured a static lease. Since the default lease for many internet routers is about a day, I suspect you were getting tripped up when lease expired on renewal failure, and then power cycle ensured a new lease but recent issues as seen with GetInfo required multiple power cycles to get your system to the new IP lease.
              ​I would recommend you configure a static address outside of the range your router actively uses for DHCP.

Comment

Working...
              X