Open/Close Sensor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close Sensor Question

I just picked up the Wireless Open/Close Sensor. It is setup and working but there is one thing I can't figure out. I am trying to configure it to turn on one of my lights when I open the door, which I have got it to do BUT it turns the light off when I close the door! That is not super helpful, is there a way to set it up so it will turn the light one when the door is opened but it doesn't turn the light off when you close it!

Thanks!

The Owner's Manual describes how to set the sensor to Multi-Scene Mode which will do what you want.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I've followed the directions, set both Scenes... one for open and one for closed. Still doesn't work... open door, light comes on, close door, light goes off. This seems like it should be pretty easy to setup, especially since it is listed on the box as a feature.

Comment

What did you do with the jumper?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Removed the jumper, and removed and replaced the battery.

Comment

Link a different device as a responder to scene 2. Ensure that the different device is on when you create the link. How does that device respond?

Comment

Working...
            X