Factory Reset of Plug-In Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Reset of Plug-In Module

I have a starter kit -- one hub, 2 plug-in dimmers, and I also have a camera. I'm trying to go back to square one. According to the manual for the dimmer plug-in module, on page 19, I should be able to do this. First of all, there is no instruction as to how to get started. If you look at the diagram there is nothing to indicate how to get from the grey box at top left over to the green box to the right (Linking Mode). I finally figured it out, but when you see this diagram for the very first time, it's a puzzle. I think it's missing a "Press". OK, so I press, and I get a blinking green. I'm in Linking Mode. I press again and I get a blinking red - I'm in Unlinking Mode. I need to move over one more column to get to the path for Factory Reset, so I press again. Nothing. No change. What's going on?

(I think I'll be returning this to Best Buy. As as happened many times before in buying from them, I do not have the latest stuff. The hub is last years model and this year is almost over so the one I have I consider obsolete. So far I've not found what the significant differences are, other than increased radio range, but I suspect that the current model will be more compatible with Apple HomeKit.)

Returning the insteon hub after 1 week to best buy and already ordered ISY hub, but how do I clear out my info before returning?

Comment

Maybe a slightly older version of the 2457D2. That does not use the Flow Chart to do things.
      I got one in a refurbished sale recently from Smarthome.
      Luckily I was able to dig out the older Users Manual to find the proper way to do a Factory Reset.

Try unplugging it for at least ten seconds.
      While holding the set button plug it back in and keep holding the set button.
      It wil start a long beep.
      Release the set button after the beeping stops.
      Last edited by BLH; 11-30-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Both the 2242-222 older HUB (2012) and the new 2245-222 HUB II (2014) Full Users manuals. Have both Factory Reset and Network reset Instructions in them..
        Found here:

http://www.insteon.com/support.html
        Last edited by BLH; 11-30-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X