#2466D wall dimmer losing programming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2466D wall dimmer losing programming.

I have two #2466D units linked, controlling two ceiling fixtures in my utility room. One is located
    by the back door and the other is at the top of the stairs to the kitchen. The one by the door is
    the one that is doing the actual switching. (The two ceiling fixtures are in parallel.) When first
    set up they work as expected.

The one at the top of the stairs keeps losing its programming, i.e. it quits working and I have to
    reset it to factory, then add device again. I have swapped the two #2466Ds and the problem
    stays with location, not the switch itself.

Has anyone had anything similar? I'm not sure where to start looking.

If the problem follows the location rather than the switch, that suggests a wiring issue (something cutting power to the switch), a signal interference issue (where it can't hear the signal over interference), or a surge or noise issue locking it up.

The next time you have trouble, without flipping any switches or doing anything else, check if the switch's LED is still lit. Then pull out on the set button/air gap to disconnect power from the unit for a minute or two, then push it back flush (not any further in!). Does that restore operation, or does the LED still not turn on?

Comment

Working...
    X