Use Motion Detector for Alerting only so I can "arm/disarm" the alerting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Motion Detector for Alerting only so I can "arm/disarm" the alerting

I am hoping to use the Motion Detectors and Insteon Hub for alerting only and not for control of other devices. I can easily set this up in the device settings of each sensor, but once you shut the alerts off, you are required to re-enter the sms and email details for the alerts each time you turn the alerting back on on each motion sensor. I am interested in a way to allow me to "arm" and "disarm" the system on demand without the need to re-enter the info each time. Is this possible? Essentially I want to use it like an alarm system that I turn on and off as desired.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

You can power the MS using an external supply (battery eliminator) plugged into an ApplianceLinc and then turn the ApplianceLinc on or off, as needed.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X