KeypadLinc with ToggleLinc Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc with ToggleLinc Problem

SOLVED: The offending key had somehow been switched from Toggle mode to Non-Toggle-On mode. Switched to Toggle mode and problem solved. (The Insteon Genius at the Help Desk did not consider this option and had me buy a new keypad and togglelinc switch.)

I have a keypadlinc that misbehaves with a togglelinc and cannot figure out what to do. The keypad is in a 6 key configuration. The B key (top right small button) was controlling a togglelinc switch to which are attached fluorescent lights. It stopped working (I don’t remember now whether it was both on and off functions, or just one.) I replaced the keypad and while it turns on the scene (or device), it does not turn it off. I replaced the togglelinc and have the same problem.

The keypad controls without problem: the porch light with the top and bottom switches, (A) Garage Door open and close with an I/O line, (C) Pond pump with a OutletLinc, (D) Outdoor lighting with multiple devices. I can connect the B key to the scene controlled by the D key and it functions properly. I have tried removing the B key as a controller, and Factory Resetting the ToggleLinc.

I can control the B lights successfully with the Insteon App--either the device, or I can create a scene with the ToggleLinc which also works properly.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bafinstead; 12-20-2021, 10:13 AM.

Have you found an answer to this, I'm new also and want to do the same thing to mine.

Comment

Glad you got it working.
      Just buying new modules and not giving you some troubleshooting information. Is very troubling.
      Guess we have to remember the Customer Support is now a third party and not direct employees of Smarthome.

Comment

Working...
      X