Problems Connecting to Insteon Hub 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Connecting to Insteon Hub 2

I am a brand new user of Home Assistant. I have both Insteon and Philip's Hue hubs. I connected to the Philip's Hue hub with no problem. But for the life of me, I can't connect to my Insteon Hub 2 (port 25105). I did a search for the hub's IP using https:// connect .insteon .com/getinfo.asp and enter my user name and password. I just keeps giving me an error that it failed to connect cinema hd. I even tried using the name and password on the bottom of the hub. No dice. How did you guys get your HUB 2 to connect to HA? I'm almost to the point of ripping out all my insteon and starting over.
    Last edited by wereini; 11-29-2021, 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling mistake.

You need to use the hub user name and password, not your account credentials. You may have never used the hub info before; you can find it using the app in Settings->House at the very bottom. (assuming your app still works)
    iPhone 12 / iPad Pro
    iOS 14.4
    Verizon FiOS 0 Actiontek MI424WR-GEN2
    50+ Devices

Comment

Make sure you had verify network connectivity. Ensure that both your Insteon Hub 2 and your Home Assistant system are connected to the same network. Double-check the network settings and make sure there are no firewall or router settings blocking the communication.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:44 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Unplug your Insteon Hub's power cord and restart it. Wait about 30 seconds before reconnecting your Hub to electricity. Restart your router and cable or DSL modem.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-04-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X