No announcement yet.

Insteon Hub V2 does not seem to support device-level schedule for SwitchLinc V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub V2 does not seem to support device-level schedule for SwitchLinc V2

I have several switches, dimmers, outlets and sensors with the Hub V2. I noticed that if I look at one of my SwitchLinc devices they do not have a "Schedule" option when I look at the device in the Windows or Android apps like applinked. However the dimmers do have a schedule option on the device page. See the pictures below - "Dimmer", "Switch"
    In the app I can locate the Schedules tab and successfully enter a scheduled off time again the Switch but the device is not turned off to the schedule, See the picture "Schedule"

I know there is a work-around to put the Switch in a scene, but I am intrigued that the Hub will allow programming a schedule for a device (in the schedules tab) but then not appear to act on it. I am fairly sure that no devices (switches nor dimmers) actually have an internal schedule ability, so believe that the hub is just not sending the on/off at schedule time.

I notice that there are entries for each device called "Device Details" and appear to have a hex representation of a bit pattern. I notice that the pattern for the devices that do not seem to have a schedule option in the apps device tab do not have bit value 4 in the 5th of the "nibbles". I wonder if that is a clue and wonder if it explains some of the weird issues some people are reporting that "schedules don't work"
    Last edited by tillianRoot; 09-12-2021, 04:22 AM.
Working...
X