2420M Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2420M Replacement

I have 10 Insteon 2420M outside Motion Detectors that I am using outside my home to control / activate 11 (22 bulbs) outside spotlights, through my ISY994I programmable Controller.

It seems that for some (inconsiderate) reason, based on my searches, that Insteon has stopped making any outside Motion Detectors, and I am reasonable sure that others have faced this same dilemma..

Questions;
    1. Does anyone know of any weather resistant Motion Detectors that are available that could be used with Insteon devices and/or an ISY994I programmable controller?
    2. Also, does anyone know of any Solar Powered Motion Detectors, with or without attached lighting, (Ring, etc..) that I could use to activate my Insteon spot lights through my ISY controller?
    3. Does anyone know if there is a detection device that I could use with a 120 volt (spot light) Motion Sensor’s output (hot/active) line, that could be detected by my ISY HUB???
    4. Or anything I have overlooked???
    Thanks in advance,
    Ken

You can use zwave if you have or add the zwave board Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Outdoor Motion Sensor ZSE29 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KP4T3MS...SV1EJAQ7FXTZMJ

Comment

Thank You..

Comment

The 2420M was released later with a new part number 2842-222. It may have had some different features over the 2420M. Both are now gone.
        Have you looked at the 2844-222 Motion Sensor II. To see if it can do what you wanted.
        I know the ISY994i supports it. In its later firmware revisions.

Comment

Thank You BLH. The spec for this product states indoor use and I am looking for outdoor usage. Thanks again.

Comment

Determine the brand or manufacturer of the product. This information is usually mentioned on the device itself, its packaging, or any accompanying documentation.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 06-06-2023, 04:36 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by kendropbox View Post
              I have 10 Insteon 2420M outside Motion Detectors that I am using outside my home to control / activate 11 (22 bulbs) outside spotlights, through my ISY994I programmable Controller.
              Originally posted by kendropbox View Post

It seems that for some (inconsiderate) reason, based on my searches, that Insteon has stopped making any outside Motion Detectors, and I am reasonable sure that others have faced this same dilemma..

Questions;
              1. Does anyone know of any weather resistant Motion Detectors that are available that could be used with Insteon devices and/or an ISY994I programmable controller?
              2. Also, does anyone know of any Solar Powered Motion Detectors, with or without attached lighting, (Ring, etc..) that I could use to activate my Insteon spot lights through my ISY controller?
              3. Does anyone know if there is a detection device that I could use with a 120 volt (spot light) Motion Sensor’s output (hot/active) line, that could be detected by my ISY HUB???
              4. Or anything I have overlooked???
              Thanks in advance,
              Ken
              Solar-powered motion detectors may also be an option for outdoor use, but again, it would be important to ensure that the devices you choose are compatible with your Insteon equipment and ISY controller.
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-29-2023, 02:50 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
              X