insteon 2474 links one way, not the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insteon 2474 links one way, not the other

HI, Had a 6 or 7 year old insteon 2474 and it started go on the blink, literally. So we bought a new one, installed it, and it then operated its light fixture properly with no blinking or fade out. When we paired the new 2474 with I think the existing insteon 2477 it turns both lights on if you hit the 2477 paddle, but when you turn on the 2474 paddle only one light turns on. I know one is controller and one is respondent but I don't particularly see any way to set that. Any way to get both lights to turn on from either insteon?

Full disclosure, there is a 3rd insteon 2477 involved but it wound up being behind a picture and hasn't been paired in years. Any time we have a power hit, the link between the insteon's has to be reestablished but we never touch the one behind the picture. The two lights are on different circuits obviously, which is why we used the insteon's.

Are you using a controller like a HUB, ISY994i or doing it with manual set button sequences?
    If manual Set Button links. Did you link in both directions? One for the 2474 to control the 2477D and another one for the 2477D to control the 2474.

Comment

BLH thanks for the Help. Yes, we were using manual Set Buttons and we thought we set them in both directions (it's hard to tell if it took with manual settings). What is a HUB or ISY99ri? We are pretty technical. If there is an app way or central controller way to sync the two insteon devices we could probably do that.

We bought the original Insteon's in 2013 and 2 of 2477's in this configuration are that era. Is it possible this 2474 we bought has newer firmware or software even thought it's the same part number?

Comment

The HUB. Is the Insteon controller. https://www.insteon.com/which-hub-are-you
        The ISY994i is from Universal devices and can do many things. Like linking, setting up scenes and running programs triggered by things like time or a sensors state.
        I never saw a list of firmware in modules made public. A rough way would be look at the Hardware Revision and Date Code Sticker and compare the switches information. Firmware does not always change between revisions. Sometimes it maybe a component changed. I know the firmware in the 2413S/U has been 9E for a few revisions now. So it maybe possible there is a different Firmware between them.

Comment

Ok, I found something out. The 2474 we bought is not identical to the one we replaced. The version on the new 2474 is 6.7. The version on the original 2474 is 6.0, so quite a bit different.

We'll try to link the new 2474 to the insteon behind the picture. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X