Replacing a mini-remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a mini-remote

I have a mini remote that is positioned to light a stairway. There is no wired outlet near where it is needed. The mini-remote is no longer supported by the app and I am thinking of replacing it with a sensor to (at least) turn the lights on automagically.

As it is only a controller, is there any real requirement to unlink the mini-remote from the various devices in the scene which it activates?

I have not seen a replacement product nor any hint that there will be one, so I thought the sensor would turn on the lights but I don't want them to time out and turn off as the sensor will not detect motion once we are downstairs. So I will need to find another way of turning them off.

The product I would need would be a battery powered controller switch that is supported by the app.
    Last edited by ricketyca; 05-03-2021, 03:11 PM.

There might be a blinking led on the responder, for a few seconds, after its is activated by the sensor, if you don't unlink the remote. Other than that, no real requirement.

Comment

Thanks for the post Sean, but it confused me a bit. I don't think the mini-remote is a responder ever, so as long as it is not used, there will be no 'hanging' signals that are not being answered, which was what I was concerned about.

Comment

Working...
      X