Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted "support" via the Insteon website. This is the reply:
    Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Insteon Support.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that you had issues with the Hub DST.

We would like to inform you that resetting the Hub location should fix the issue going forward.

We would suggest you refer to the below link to reset Insteon Hub Time and Location (use the old Insteon for Hub App):

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...steon-hub-time

Again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We are sorry for the delay in responding to your email.

Feel Free to write to us for any further assistance.

Well, we'll see. Sometime prior to November 7 I'll check/reset the Hub location and see if things work like they should.

Comment

Originally posted by TinCan782 View Post
      I contacted "support" via the Insteon website. This is the reply:
      Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Insteon Support.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that you had issues with the Hub DST.

We would like to inform you that resetting the Hub location should fix the issue going forward.

We would suggest you refer to the below link to reset Insteon Hub Time and Location (use the old Insteon for Hub App):

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...steon-hub-time

Again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We are sorry for the delay in responding to your email.

Feel Free to write to us for any further assistance.

Well, we'll see. Sometime prior to November 7 I'll check/reset the Hub location and see if things work like they should.
      So it's fascinating. Resetting location will fix the issue going forward (at least until the Autumn) and it is also fascinating that they refer you to using the old Insteon for Hub app ...

My belief is that doing nothing (provided you do not have DST switched on in the old App) it should have resolved itself by the next day. Mine did.

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Insteon actually chimed in to their own community and gave an answer other than the canned reply which doesn't address the problem?

I wonder if the company is really still alive... 🙄

Comment

They are still around. Under new owners a few years back.
          Support was outsourced and most likely not as good as we use to see.
          They are now partnering with Nokia to have some basic Nokia Insteon modules. Though it looks like some of there own modules are slated to be continued.
          IMHO poorly selling models will be gone.
          Press releases indicate one of the new modules is a HUB and an updated APP to go with it. So I seriously doubt any one is going to be trying to fix the old APP/HUB setup.

Comment

For my installation the 'reverting to Standard Time' overnight worked properly today. I am not 100% sure whether my 01:20 routine to turn off the lights happened at 01:20 EST or not as I went to bed before that, nor am I sure whether the Sunrise event happened properly this morning as I had not woken up but this evening's event to turn on the eaves, porch and family room lights worked as it should around sunset.

I think this is the first time (for a long while at least) that has happened without any intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyca View Post
              For my installation the 'reverting to Standard Time' overnight worked properly today. I am not 100% sure whether my 01:20 routine to turn off the lights happened at 01:20 EST or not as I went to bed before that, nor am I sure whether the Sunrise event happened properly this morning as I had not woken up but this evening's event to turn on the eaves, porch and family room lights worked as it should around sunset.

I think this is the first time (for a long while at least) that has happened without any intervention.
              For my Hub, DST began Friday night/Saturday morning. 24 hours early as has been my experience in previous years.
              Yes, the Hub location is correct (down to the street address) and the Hub time is correct.
              Additionally, the sunrise and sunset time shown in my app (old one) are an hour off now although the event takes place at the correct time.

Comment

Originally posted by TinCan782 View Post

For my Hub, DST began Friday night/Saturday morning. 24 hours early as has been my experience in previous years.
                Yes, the Hub location is correct (down to the street address) and the Hub time is correct.
                Additionally, the sunrise and sunset time shown in my app (old one) are an hour off now although the event takes place at the correct time.
                Weird! It's interesting as your experience seems quite different from mine, yet presumably we have equivalent systems (Hub V2).

Comment

Some states or countries have laws prohibiting or opting out of Daylight Saving Time, which is the practice of adjusting clocks forward in the summer and back in the winter.

Last edited by austinchase; 02-18-2023, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Well some users get up earlier than others. I was trying to figure out how to word my issue - was it the fact that DST seemed to start a week early for my hub, or that I discovered no way to see what the hub thought the time was on the new Android app (Vn 1.0.3.203) - saying Me Too here solves my dilemma
                    growtomation.in stock market academy
                    Last edited by clotspond; 08-15-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X