Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help configuring 2342-2 single button mini-remote

Bought one used on Ebay, trying to get it working
    1. The first ID triplet has been rubbed off into illegibility. The 2nd & 3rd triplets are 0B CE. Is there anyway of determining what the first triplet is?
    2. I am trying to associate it with a scene. I've found instructions for a multi-button remote, but can't see to get them to work for this single button. If I sustain press the center button, its red lt flashes. If I sustain press it again, I get a green light momentarily. Other times I get a flashing green light
    I recall that I got an iphone just to program things when there wasn't Android support. Should I be using that instead of my Android (version 110)? If so, with what app?

Sigh...that was pretty incoherent. I have a hub. I have a number of On/Off Micro Modules controlling outside lights. They are organized into scenes, the front exterior lights and the back lights.
    I can control them from my Android. I've asked here for a Android button/widget that I could turn on the front light when I drive up (rather than struggling to bring up the Insteon app, select the screen and turn it on). Good idea, but there's nothing like that. So I got a 2342-2, thinking to mount it on my car dash.
    One of my Micro Modules is both a Controller and a Responder. It's a controller that turns the front stoop lights AND all the other front lights when I turn the front stoop timer on. It's a Responder that I can turn on all the front lights from my Android.
    I want to be able to command that Micro Module (MM) to turn on the front stoop light and all the other lights.
    I see that I might be able to do this if dug the MM out of the junction box and:
    1. pressed the Mini Remote(MR) set button until it flashes green
    2. then press the set button on the MM to link the two
    BUT I'm concerned that if I did that I might break the programming that allows the MM to control the other exterior front lights (other than the stoop lights) through the hub and ditto with switching the scene with my Android phone.

Please enlighten my ignorance or tell me how to better define what I'm trying to do. Sometimes the hardest part of configuring is framing the question crisply......

Comment

The easiest approach is to get an iOS device, add the mini remote to the old Insteon for Hub application, then make a scene with the mini remote as the controller and add the devices you want to respond to it. You will also be able to get the device ID from the app once it is added.

Unlike the ISY-994i, the Hub does not have the ability to remove links when you add a device, or even read the links in a device. It simply adds it as a responder to the Hub, so there should not be any changes to your existing configuration.

If you were to do this manually, you would go around the house and turn on all the devices you want to control, then put the mini remote into extended linking mode (meaning you can add more than one device at a time) and then go around and add them all to the remote.

Extended linking mode:
      1. Tap the On portion of the paddle on the remote
      2. Press and hold the set button on the bottom of the remote for three seconds. The LED will start blinking green about once a second. (Linking mode)
      3. Tap the set button one time. The LED will go into a heartbeat blink. (Extended linking mode)

You now have four minutes to go around and add the responding devices. If you run out of time, just put the remote back into linking mode and pick up where you left off.

Comment

Working...
      X