Insteon Scenes not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Scenes not working

I have an Insteon Scheme setup to turn on two lights everyday at 5:30pm PT and turn off at midnight. The lights are not turning on at the scheduled time, but they do turn on at 9:00am PT. I don't have a Scheme to turn on the lights at that time. Everything was working fine couple of weeks ago and now this. Nothing has changed in my home network. I have tried deleting and creating a new Scheme, but getting the same results. Has anyone experienced this?

There is definitely something strange happening with the Insteon system. I'm having the same problem. In my case the scene is set to turn on a sunset and off at 10:30 pm. The scene is now turning on about 10:00 am. It was working fine. I deleted and recreated the scene with the same result. The scene operates ok manually. It's acting like it has lost it's time clock reference. Another new problem is that all of my 8 leak sensors stopped responding. Deleting and reinstalling them seems to have corrected that issue.

Comment

Forgot to mention that my Insteon hub is model 2245-222. App version 1.15.5, App build 334, iPhone 11 Pro Max running IOS version 14.2

Comment

It appears my hub is stuck on UCT not Central Time. I'm trying to figure out how to tell it to use Central Time then everything should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by acwong View Post
          I have an Insteon Scheme setup to turn on two lights everyday at 5:30pm PT and turn off at midnight. The lights are not turning on at the scheduled time, but they do turn on at 9:00am PT. I don't have a Scheme to turn on the lights at that time. Everything was working fine couple of weeks ago and now this. Nothing has changed in my home network. I have tried deleting and creating a new Scheme, but getting the same results. Has anyone experienced this?
          Did you get this resolved? I'm having some scene scheduling weirdness too lately...wondering if it's related.

Comment

Still not solved. My guess is the problem is with the Insteon app. Looks like the Insteon app gets the time for setting schedules from the iPhone's time setting. An Apple OS update may have broken the time link and Insteon needs to fix their app. Since I have Insteon linked to Apple HomeKit using homebridge, I'm considering building a scene schedule in HomeKit.

Comment

Originally posted by pcassidy View Post
              Still not solved. My guess is the problem is with the Insteon app. Looks like the Insteon app gets the time for setting schedules from the iPhone's time setting. An Apple OS update may have broken the time undertale yellow link and Insteon needs to fix their app. Since I have Insteon linked to Apple HomeKit using homebridge, I'm considering building a scene schedule in HomeKit.
              Have you solved this problem yet? I'm stuck here
              Last edited by Annaat20; 01-08-2024, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X