Why so many issues with Alexa - device not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so many issues with Alexa - device not responding

When I first set up Insteon to work with Alexa a few years ago, everything worked great. I even hooked up my mom's house with many Insteon switches. Now, both of our houses are constantly getting "hmmm, that device is not responding" or "the insteon hub is not responding". About 2/3 of the time, the device still functions when we say the command, but 1/3 of the time it doesn't. I've tried uninstalling, disabling/enabling skill, etc, etc. I'm just getting so sick of constantly battling it. My mom was reluctant to buy the devices, but then she got used to them and loved them. Now, she's so sick of them only working from time to time, she wants me to remove them all.

Anyone find an actual fix for this?

BTW, when I first installed everything, Insteon was a listed device in the Alexa app, but for a year or more, it's no longer listed, it's just "other".

After having Insteon Hub for several years working with Alexa, the skill stopped working just yesterday. I tried re-linking the skill (connect.Insteon.com) but I am getting a gateway error 504 when I try to re-link. It looks like Insteon’s service has a problem. I can go directly with a browser to connect.Insteon.com and after signing on it displays a “Beta Screen” and shows the icons for my various Insteon devices. But the Amazon skill no longer will connect. My Insteon iPad app is working fine. I can turn devices on and off with no issues.

Comment

Amazon services are having issues today. Info below:

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...ght#post112698

Comment

Working...
      X