Keypadlinc - button vs. background brightness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc - button vs. background brightness

In changing background brightness, the entire keypad illumination changes. What I'm wanting is to change the illumination when acting as a responder, e.g., indicating the fan is on. If a button isn't "on," there shouldn't be any illumination. I don't see how to do this.

Assuming you are using the new app: Choose the device, settings, LED Brightness, set it to 10%. Save. Open the scene that the button controls or that the button responds to; in the settings for the scene, edit scene actors, choose the device that has the button, choose next, now the device name is displayed but the choice you make will be applied to the button, click the device name, a drop down will display the button(s) name, make sure the toggle is on. Near the top of the screen, ON should be green.

If you want the keypad to be completely off and not 10% I think you have to use the old app. I don't know if you can still find it and the two apps don't play nice. I still have the old app because I have several of the "not supported" devices and still need to control them.

Comment

Yes, to make a specific button light-up I do already but, I want to change the brightness of the illuminated button, not just turn it on.
      Last edited by Fizzisist; 08-22-2020, 03:30 PM. Reason: Clairify changing the brightness of a responder button and not just "turn on."

Comment

Working...
      X