Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i click the ip adress to log into hub it asks for my pasword i enter it and it says protected site HELP

I am assuming this is a 2245-222 model Hub. That Hub does not allow you to directly log into the it. You need to use the Insteon for Hub application for Android or iOS. If you think it something else we would need more info.

If this is for a third party application those credentials can be found on the bottom of the unit.

Comment

Is there a newer hub i should or could buy

Comment

The Insteon Hub and phone app are fine for most people wanting to control their lights and use Alexa, or Google, for voice activation.

If you need more power you can look at an ISY-994i. which runs off a PC.

What is it you are trying to do?

Comment

i have what i think is a lot of items in the house probably like 50 and im having trouble we had a lightening strike and now some of the schedules dont work for exterior or landscape lights so i was going ot buy a new hub

Comment

Have you tried a power cycle reset on the problem modules or the HUB? On the chance the effected modules got garbage in them from the strike.

It may not be the HUB. It could be the problem lights were damaged by the lightning? Do they work in other schedules or is it always the same modules?

Comment

all the switches work fine even from remote control they dont report to the app showing if they are on or off all the time

Comment

You might try relinking the offending devices to the Hub again. It they are able to be controlled, but status is not working right, it could mean the cleanup messages aren't working. It may be the PLM was affected by the strike.

Comment

I guess the PLM was affected by the strike.
                  slitherio

Comment

If you are using a specific browser to access the hub, try using a different browser to see if the issue persists. Sometimes, browser compatibility issues can prevent successful login. Drift Boss

Comment

Working...
                    X