Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correcting Button Toggle

Hello.

I've searched a bit through the forums but trying to find a clear answer and getting more confused. Sorry if there are extra details, but trying to figure out how to work this correctly.

I have 9 lighting circuits that I am trying to control with a selection of switches, and a couple of 6 button controllers. To give the full picture, there are:

3 circuits are controlled (on/off) by a scene "Overhead" on button A on the 6 button.
    3 circuits are controlled (on/off) by a scene "Dim" on button B on the 6 button
    3 circuits that just sit independently on switches throughout the area.

Button "D" on the 6 button is intended to be an ALL on/off switch. It is set to a scene which every one of the 9 circuits are responders. The intention is that if any one circuit of the 9 is on, it should activate...and if pressed turn any and all lights off.

This generally seems to work when turning things on however it is in a state such that if any one of the 9 lights turns off, it toggles "D" to off.

For example I turn Scene A ON, button D lights. I turn the closet (not a part of scene) on, button D continues to stay lit.
    But when I turn the closet off, even thought Scene A is still on...button D turns off.

At that point, I need to toggle button D on (turning all 9 circuits on) in order to turn D off.

Is there a way to program the switch such that if ANY member of the lighting group is on, it stays active such that it can turn all lights off if triggered??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Not with the hub. You would need an advanced controller such as the isy

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Not with the hub. You would need an advanced controller such as the isy
      i got it, thank you for the explanation.

Comment

To do this, you can use Home Assistant or other automation systems.

Home Assistant: Create a group containing all of your lights. You can create this group in the Home Assistant YAML configuration file.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 11-15-2023, 12:10 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X