Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta App on Android - How do I close it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta App on Android - How do I close it?

I cannot see any option to close the Android Beta app. Previously there was a Quit option, or the "left triangle (system button) twice" would do it.

There isn't one. I submitted a report on this some time ago but no change yet. Based on my use so far, the app still has a long way to go before it's ready. For example, no way to access anything other than the main key on a keypad.

Comment

Thanks for confirming! I am in an interesting situation atm. I see from the fora and in use that the old Android app does not really remove a switfch from a scene even though it appears to. It leaves it in an Insteon limbo of still working in the scene, but not showing up there. So I was planning to move the the new app but it does not appear to work with the older 2476D dimmers. I thought i would replace them (they are quite old - I think I got them when transitioning from X10) and they are a bit of a pain as the old app provides step by step (but somewhat confusingly worded) instructions. You have to realise that I have trouble dancing the hokey cokey (with all the instructions in the words) so the App steps may make sense to many people, but if it doesn't really remove items then it would all be a bit of a waste of time.As it is on one of those scenes after turning all the things on it is supposed to, there is a little red circle that shows up which I think means there is still something that ought to be in range that isn't.

Anyway, apologies for the minor rant. I am sure we all want these things to work well and previously I had to borrow a friends old iPhone in order to make my mini-remote work. They no longer have it, so that option is gone. Hopefully the new Android version of the app will work properly soon. If the lack of close button were the only issue, I expect I could live with it as my phone kills apps that are unused for a while unless protected as part of its battery saver.

Comment

Each to his own Tony. I am happy with my handset choices over the past 20 years even prior to Android

Comment

Working...
        X