Keypad as display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad as display

I am try ping to get my Insteon open/ close module to link to an 8 button keypad so I can see the status of my garage door. I don’t want to operate the garage door, just check the status. TIA.

1. On the Open/close sensor, press and hold its set button for 3 seconds , then let go. The led should be blinking green. This puts the sensor into linking mode.
    2. On the keypad, tap the button you want to use as a notification until its button is back lit. If its already lit, tap it off and then back on again. This ensures that the keypad knows which button we want to work with.
    3. Press and hold the keypad's set button until it double beeps at you. This links the keypad button to the sensor.
    Test to make sure that when the sensor opens the button lights up and for the reverse.

If you have an Insteon Hub you can create a scene with the sensor and whichever button you want to use. Make sure the button is set to 'On' and then hit save. The Hub will help you go through the process listed above.

Comment

Thanks that worked exactly the way I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
        1. On the Open/close sensor, press and hold its set button for 3 seconds , then let go. The led should be blinking green. This puts the sensor into linking mode.
        2. On the keypad, tap the button you want to use as a notification until its button is back lit. If its already lit, tap it off and then back on again. This ensures that the keypad knows which button we want to work with. mycfavisit
        3. Press and hold the keypad's set button until it double beeps at you. This links the keypad button to the sensor.
        Test to make sure that when the sensor opens the button lights up and for the reverse.

If you have an Insteon Hub you can create a scene with the sensor and whichever button you want to use. Make sure the button is set to 'On' and then hit save. The Hub will help you go through the process listed above.
        Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!
        Last edited by jrelzbq; 06-05-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
          2. On the keypad, tap the button you want to use as a notification until its button is back lit. If its already lit, tap it off and then back on again. This ensures that the keypad knows which button we want to work with.

Just found your post and am very satisfied with the result
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:28 PM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to so with the topic - SPAM

Comment

Working...
          X