Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for a new build

Hello All,

I am looking at Insteon products primarily because the switches and dimmers support 50Hz electricity.

I have read that electrical noise and signal attenuation causes problems for Insteon devices and I am wondering if it is best to place all my lighting on a separate panel (lighting panel) so that all the Insteon devices would be isolated from everything else in the house. Would that be a good idea?

Would I need to place something between the main panel and the 'lighting panel' to ensure that no noise feeds over?

I plan on using a Hub with a PLM. I would need a socket connected that is connected to the 'lighting panel' to plug the PLM into?

Looking forward to any comments or suggestions.
    Last edited by RedRocket; 04-04-2020, 12:03 PM.

50Hz? 120VAC or 220VAC?
    The 2413S/2413U PLMs are strictly 120VAC 60Hz. HUB with a PLM? The HUB does not use a PLM. It is a standalone module and the PLM is a interface to a controller. Like an ISY994i

Comment

Were I live has 120 and 220VAC 50Hz.

I had planned on using a Homeseer Hub (for a few zwave devices) and the PLM to control the Insteons.
      I didn't check the specs on the PLM so I didn't see it requires 60Hz so I guess I can't use it.

I would have to consider the Insteon hub instead.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I thought you where talking about the Insteon HUB.
        One thing to remember. The Insteon HUB and Dual Band PLM. Uses a 915MHz frequency for its RF. Other parts of the world use a different RF frequency. So mixing Insteon modules from one part of the world to another area would be power line only. If the RF frequency is different.

Comment

Hopefully the Advance PLM you spoke about would be ready (https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...m-in-the-works) by time I am ready.

I hope to buy all my Insteon devices from the USA so everything should be the same.

I more worried about noise and attenuation problems than anything else.

Comment

Working...
          X