Compatibility List for Insteon Dimmer Switches - New Home Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility List for Insteon Dimmer Switches - New Home Construction

Hi Ya'll. I'm building a new home and would like to use Insteon switches. I'm actually rapidly starting to reconsider using this brand. I keep asking manufacturers of LED lighting about their drivers, Triac, or Leading edge or whatever they use. Many do not even know what driver they use like SUNCO brand, and Torchstar, etc.... I've also asked Insteon if they have a list of manufactueres that would be compatible with Insteon dimmer switches and yet nothing. So before I give up completely of trying to use Insteon dimmers in my new home build, here are the questions:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR INSTEON DIMMER SWTICHES? IF THERE IS WHERE IS IT?

Thanks for the help folks,

C.

If the mfg doesn't know about their own product, I would be concerned about using their stuff regardless of compatibility. Ignorance on common info such as type speaks volumes on training (or lack therof).

There really​really isn't a list. Unfortunately mfg change parts inside their products constantly so compatibly changes. What I've realized is when it comes to LEDs, asking forum members as well as testing is your best bet as a change in the bulb could have happened since someone last purchased something.

I've found great success with Phillips warm glow bulbs when it comes to insteon. Many other users have used the new Cree bulbs, feit, and ecosmart. Once again, I recommend purchasing a small pack to test before investing. This is whether you go with insteon or some other switch maker.

Comment

Working...
    X