Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Insteon the company going out of business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Insteon the company going out of business?

Not to be an alarmist or anything, but in shopping for this stuff I found some interesting trends which, to me at least, indicate Insteon may be going out of business.

For one, you can't buy it anymore at Best Buy (where it used to be an exclusive). You can get some of the switches and things at Home Depot, but not any of the hubs, not even through an order. And speaking of which, you can buy older versions on Amazon but the newest hub is listed as "No Longer Available" and they don't know when or if it will be again.

The stuff I ordered from Amazon was sold out of third party inventories and was pretty obviously just what was left -- it came in a bewildering variety of packaging that indicates they don't even have the stuff in "normal" stock.

The final thing that's worrisome is the newest liteblue hub doesn't work with a lot of the products and, released over six months ago, shows no signs of ever working with them (as if they are abandoning development).

I just wonder if anyone has any concrete information on any of this. It's a bad sign when the only way you can buy something is direct from the company and innovation has stopped.
    Last edited by nekelseon; 02-14-2020, 03:09 AM. Reason: spelling

If your're going to repost an old thread and act like it's an original, at least word it in a way that separates yours from who you are copying

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...ut-of-business

Comment

Originally posted by nekelseon View Post
      Not to be an alarmist or anything, but in shopping for this stuff I found some interesting trends which, to me at least, indicate Insteon may be going out of business.

For one, you can't buy it anymore at Best Buy (where it used to be an exclusive). You can get some of the switches and things at Home Depot, but not any of the hubs, not even through an order. And speaking of which, you can buy older versions on Amazon but the newest hub is listed as "No Longer Available" and they don't know when or if it will be again.

The stuff I ordered from Amazon was sold out of third party inventories and was pretty obviously just what was left -- it came in a bewildering variety of packaging that indicates they don't even have the stuff in "normal" stock.

The final thing that's worrisome is the newest liteblue hub doesn't work with a lot of the products and, released over six months ago, shows no signs of ever working with them (as if they are abandoning development).

I just wonder if anyone has any concrete information on any of this. It's a bad sign when the only way you can buy something is direct from the company and innovation has stopped.
      Glad you changed things up slightly. With that said, insteon does not make a liteblue hub so you may want to come up with different information for your post

Comment

Working...
      X