Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost remote communication with my 2245-222 hub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost remote communication with my 2245-222 hub.

I am currently away from home and will be for several weeks. I never had a problem before when using the Insteon app on my android phone to contact my hub, but several days after I left I started getting a "Fail Connecting To Hub" message. I believe the hub is still working since I have several HD cameras that send me pictures on a daily basis; however I cannot contact the hub to make adjustments to any of the individual cameras. Will I need to contact Insteon Support, or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The hub is not involved with recordings. It's only involvement with cameras is to allow you to view your cameras.

My first thought is that your hub has died. Since you're receiving pictures from your cameras, I highly doubt it's an internet problem.

With you being away from home, there is absolutely nothing support can do to help troubleshoot until you either return home or have someone on site.
    Last edited by lilyoyo1; 12-10-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, lilyoyo1. Though I won't be home for a while, I have a neighbor who I can call and ask to take a peek at the hub. Can I assume that if it died, there will not be a green light showing? I'm not too worried about the cameras, but I also have an Insteon 2441TH thermostat in the system that controls the heat in my house that causes me a little concern - especially with current Wisconsin temperatures. Is there anything else on the hub that I should have the neighbor check? Problem is, he's not very "savvy" with things like this.

Comment

You can try the OWLR app for the cameras.

i would contact Insteon support because they should be able to connect to your hub.
        Last edited by brandt; 12-11-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Reset Network Settings on Insteon Hub (2012)
          1. With the Insteon Hub powered on, press and hold the set button until the Hub beeps.
          2. Slowly tap the set button six (6x) times.
          3. Unplug Insteon Hub and wait for about 30 seconds.
          4. Reconnect power to the Insteon Hub.
          I hope this helps!
          Regards,
          Lewis

Comment

Well, rather than start a new post I'd like to give an update on the one above that I started last December 10th. I've been gone for some time and just returned home a couple of weeks ago, so now I've had a chance to look at my hub that died. I've read a lot of your posts on the subject, and many of them said the C-7 capacitor needs replacing. So I bought a new one, installed it, and to my surprise the hub powered back on. However the green light came on only for an instant, then the red light came on and is now staying on. I tried to link some of my devices (open door sensors, on-off modules) and they apparently can't communicate with the hub. I checked my router and the hub is definitely communicating with it. So I tried both Network Reset and Factory Reset, but no change. Is there anything else I can try? I'm definitely open to suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X