Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New I/O Linc 2450 not connecting

Hi,
    Im new to the forum, I just got this I/O device hooked it all up and cant get it to connect. i even plugged it in next to the hub and it wont connect. Im using my android to control the setup. I push and hold the SET button till it blinks and hit next on the phone. I also tried adding the ID number. I get nothing. Anything i can do to make this work?

If you are using the insteon hub and app you should click add a new device > choose the IO link icon or just pick plug in device. At this point your hub should be flashing green.
    If it isn’t then the hub isn’t getting the link command.

if it is flashing the go to the io Linc and hold the set button in for 5 seconds. You should hear a quick double beep and it should add. If your io Linc device starts flashing then it isn’t seeing the hub.

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve, I plugged it in about 6 feet from the hub and the hub did not blink at all. Do you think i might have a bad one?

Comment

Originally posted by joabr View Post
        Thanks for the info Steve, I plugged it in about 6 feet from the hub and the hub did not blink at all. Do you think i might have a bad one?
        What are the exact steps you took to link the device oncenit was close to the hub?

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay. I talked to support and he told me that it needed to be on the same circuit as the Hub because it is an single channel switch. once i did that it connected right up. So i guess i'm suppose to buy a repeater to make it work in the garage. Or maybe add a dual channel switch in the garage so it can communicate with that, if im understanding right.

Comment

Working...
          X