Insteon Cameras can be seen inside the LAN but not outside the network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Cameras can be seen inside the LAN but not outside the network

I have set up our camera to work with the new Insteon HUB. I have set it to use the Factory DDNS but it still cannot be seen outside the network. I was under the impression you do not need to forward ports using the DDNS within the HUB. Can anyone help get this camera viewable from the hub but outside the network? Every other device on the network can be accessed via the internet, except for the camera. Any help would be most appreciated. Best Quiet Air Compressors
    Last edited by iosman; 07-05-2019, 10:36 PM.

The DDNS address just ensures that if your external IP changes you can still get to your router. The port forward rule is still needed because that tells the router where to direct the request to.

Comment

The DDNS is used to redirect you to you current outside
      web address (WAN). It does not act as a web portal. You still need to do the port forwarding.

Comment

The hd cameras have p2p access. The hub should use these cameras on wan without port forwarding no?

Comment

The HD cameras do have the P2P option but the OP mentioned the "Factory DDNS" address. Those were only provided on the original SD cameras that Insteon offered... so the P2P would not be available for him.

The DDNS works great as long as you have the port forward rule in place.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
            The HD cameras do have the P2P option but the OP mentioned the "Factory DDNS" address. Those were only provided on the original SD cameras that Insteon offered... so the P2P would not be available for him.

The DDNS works great as long as you have the port forward rule in place.
            Yeah that's right I forgot about the older models.

Comment

Working...
            X