MS II - Inconsistent Functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS II - Inconsistent Functionality

I have some troubling dead zones in my house, and they all seem to be associated with my switching over to 2nd gen Motion Sensors. I really don't want to blame the MS IIs; however, these problems did not crop up with the old version.

The MS IIs are controlling Insteon wall switches, both dimmer and relay. Where I still have MS Is, everything is hunky-dory. Where I've put in MS IIs, I am getting spotty performance - about 50% failure rate for ON signals. (Interestingly, OFF signals seem to be a lot more reliable?!?!?) I've even put n a range extender, thinking it was just a dead zone, but that doesn't seem to help. Have I made a mistake switching to MS IIs?

Addendum: I have HomeSeer, which gives me a detailed log of Insteon activity. Interestingly, the Motion Sensors are registering ONs and OFFs reliably; but the switches are not responding. What could be the problem?
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

How is your motion sensor connected to your switxhes? Are they linked directly or programmed via software to control your switches? Since your software is showing the changes that tells me it's working so you have other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      How is your motion sensor connected to your switxhes? Are they linked directly or programmed via software to control your switches? Since your software is showing the changes that tells me it's working so you have other issues.
      Almost all are direct-linked to the switches. I have one in that same room of the house that is programmed to work through HomeSeer - and it's performance is solid.
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

I'm assuming you linked the 2 together via your homeseer software. If so, I would verify that the switch is set to turn on and not off.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
          I'm assuming you linked the 2 together via your homeseer software. If so, I would verify that the switch is set to turn on and not off.

​​​​​
          The link between Motion Sensor and switch was created via the Homeseer Insteon (Sandler) plugin. It is the same as if I had done it the old-fashioned way, using the set buttons. The switches are set turn on at Motion Detected and off at Motion Timeout.
          Jim Speiser
          Payson, Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X