Which hub should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which hub should I get

So my original Insteon hub died... something internally let the smoke out randomly. So I am looking to buy a new hub. So my question is should I just get the same hub or go with the HomeKit enabled hub, or maybe even a third party hub like a Universal Devices hub. All of my mobile devices are apple... iPhones, iPads, etc. but I have also settled on Amazon Echos and a Nest thermostat. I While it would be nice to have them all work in harmony I do not think that will be possible. Thoughts? I have gone all out in automating my home yet, but I want to slowly and I want to have the most options with the least amount of “apps” required to use and program everything.

Insteon already tweaked me a bit with the them stopping production of the Insteon HD outdoor camera before I got a second and third one, but they have been around for ever.

Thoughts?

I have the Homekit hub since it was first released and it works fine, I haven’t had to touch it for a long time, but I’m a nerd, so you may be better off ignoring me. Rumor has it a new hub is in the works.
    Last edited by clintb; 12-30-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

If you're looking at your options, I would go with the isy994 as it would allowayou to achieve a level automation youywould be amazed at. TheThomekit hub is terrible so I wouldn't even consider that one. As stated previously, getting your current one (if it's the 2245) fixed would be an option as well.

Comment

If you are going with the Echo and want simplicity go with the regular 2245-222 Hub. if you are going to get detailed then use and ISY-994i. Those will give you the most options.

Insteon also has a repair process so you might check and see if you qualify before going out and buying a new unit.

Comment

Working...
        X