Insteon Hub not creating full links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub not creating full links

I've used the insteon hub and app to manage all the links in my home. I have not created one manual link, and it's worked very well! Yesterday i replaced a plug in module dimmer with a plug in module on/off. I deleted the scene (one switch link and one module), deleted the dimmer module, added the on/off module, and then added it to the scene. From my phone I can trigger the scene and it works just fine. But when I turn the switch on nothing happens. If I turn on the scene from my phone, then press the switch off it does turn off. I called tech support and they advised me to manually link the devices. I did and it works. But the thing is I've never had to do this before yesterday. I even created a scene with the app in early October for halloween lights and it worked just fine. So between early October and now something in the hub has changed.
    I also moved the old plug in dimmer to the christmas tree. Added it back, created a scene with a key pad button C, same issue. phone will turn it on/off but the KPL button will only turn it off. Had to manually link it.

Did you add the switch as a controller and module as a responder?

Comment

When adding devices into a scene with the hub it does that automatically, but yes it did go in as you say. What gets me is that the switch can turn the scene off, but not on.

Comment

I'd make sure the device is set to be turned on in the scene rather than off

Comment

Which app platform are you using.

Comment

I checked the app this morning (after another cup of coffee) and indeed both devices (the switch and module) were set as responders. This is new behavior since the last time i built some links! All of my links that I created last year have settings as "both" but on the links I made this week the settings were "responder" for both. Probably shouldn't be that way..

Comment

Originally posted by mhunterdts View Post
              I checked the app this morning (after another cup of coffee) and indeed both devices (the switch and module) were set as responders. This is new behavior since the last time i built some links! All of my links that I created last year have settings as "both" but on the links I made this week the settings were "responder" for both. Probably shouldn't be that way..
              Glad you went back to look and was able to get your problem solved.

You may have created your scenes as both and forgotten that. From my experience with the hub it generally doesn't automatically choice "both" due to the many different ways people want to set up their homes. Regardless of default method, there isn't a right or wrong way. It comes down to how an individual wants their house to be abd seeing it accordingly

Comment

Forgot to say thanks for the help! so thanks :-)
                Um yes, as my wife likes to remind me from time to time I might have forgotten that indeed...

Comment

Working...
                X