Insteon Hub + Harmony Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub + Harmony Hub

I am trying to get my Insteon Hub into my Harmony Elite Hub as a device, but so far no luck. I have the Insteon app on my android phone and it works fine with the Insteon Hub. I have one network in my house and everything (wifi access points and wired connections) goes through one switch. No proxies.

Things I have tried:
    Tried adding the Insteon hub using using the Harmony app on my phone with the "find wifi devices" and with the Home Automation->Insteon Hub. I enter the password on the insteon login page, get a message that I was authenticated and that I should redirect back to harmony within 15 seconds. Never redirects and when you click the link to manually redirect, it says no devices found.
    I also tried using the Harmony desktop app. Similar results.
    I also tried creating a new Insteon account, just in case.
    I master reset the hub (fortunately I only have a few devices in there so far)
    My hub is the 2245-222 model

What else can I try?

Skip

What Insteon devices do you have?

Comment

Thanks for replying!!

I have a full house of devices. Plug in modules, switches, dimmers, etc. I have only added one device to the Insteon hub though. I don't want to go through the trouble of adding all of the devices if it isn't going to work. I've been using Insteon for ten+ years.

Comment

I found in a Harmony Support article that only one model of the Hub is compatible: 2245-222. The following are listed as incompatible:
        • Insteon Hub (HomeKit-enabled) 2243-222
        • Insteon Hub with AllJoyn 2243-223
        • Insteon Hub Pro 2243-222
        • Insteon Hub 2242-222R
        • Insteon Hub 2242-442
        • Insteon Hub 2242-422

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...20-%20s-m-4076

Comment

What specific device did you add? What steps did you take to get things working? The more information you provide the better members can assist you. Did you delete your account prior to resetting the hub?
          Last edited by lilyoyo1; 11-29-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

One thing to try: Make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4Ghz router channel when you link the two. Logitech Harmony doesn't like 5Ghz Wi-Fi. I was on 2.4 when I made the connection, and it's working great.

I hope that works for you.

Comment

I have the 2245-222 (confirmed with the model number stamped on the device). I will give the router channel thing a try, but they are all part of the same network, so it shouldn't matter.

Comment

Working...
              X