Yellow dots - no status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow dots - no status

I have 7 devices (lights) and two garage door controllers. Lately I have been getting many yellow dots, indicating status unknown, on the Android app. This had not been the case before (a couple of years). Sometimes just refreshing the display "finds" one or more device, and it correctly indicates green (on) or white (off). Sometimes turning a light on or off updates the status on that light , but not always. But there is no rhyme or reason. Particularly vexing is the status of the garage doors is always yellow. I need to be able to confidently know if one of the doors is open, particularly when I am away. Right now all but one device is indicating yellow. I can operate each device from the app, so there is a connection between hub and devices.

Any ideas?

You are having comm issues. Check the circuit tht your hub is plugged into. Try plugging into a different outlet

Comment

I will try that when I am able; not able to do so right now. Curious that I have no difficulty with commands from the Android app to the hub getting through to any of my devices; only status back. Also, does the hub not have RF capability?

Comment

The hub does have RF capability but that doesn't mean anything. You can have noise severe enough on the circuit to interfere.

Comment

Changing outlets appears to have corrected the problem. Thanks. I wonder what is causing the problem on my preferred outlet?

Comment

Can you start unplugging devices on the preferred outlets circuit. To see if you can find the noise maker or signal sucker.

Comment

Working...
            X