Multiple dimmers blinking red and white

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple dimmers blinking red and white

So I'm sitting in my living room watching TV tonight and notice our of the corner of my eye that two SL dimmers in a triple gang box are flashing red. Then I look around and notice two more on a different wall (together in a multi-gang box) are also blinking, but white/not red). On the other side of the room in another multi--gang box, are two more SL dimmers also blinking white. I think all of the gang boxes are on the same circuit. It's possible others may have flashed but they weren't in my line of sight. After about 3 - 5 seconds, they all stop. I try a few of them out and they all seem to work fine. There was no one in the house operating any devices at the time -- Just me watching TV. Why would several SL dimmers just start flashing at the same time like that, particularly when no switches anywhere in the house are being activated at that time?

Are you using a model 2245 Hub, an ISY, or some other control software? I get the impression the Hub now sometimes re-evaluates the messsage hop counts between devices, then rewrites the links to make them more efficient or more robust.

Comment

Sorry about that... I'm using an ISY controller only. The SLs in question are all relatively current -- purchased in late 2013/early 2014. Most are (I believe) dual-band. House was built in 2013, so all current wiring standards. I also have an Insteon phase bridge installed at the service panel.

Comment

I haven’t been keeping track of all the v5 changes on the ISY. Have they added Smart Hops programming to it now?

Comment

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that...

Comment

I have a 2635-222 On/Off module. That can support Smart Hops.
            My ISY994i firmware v.4.7.3 in the Options Tab for that module. Shows Smart Hops as one of the options it can control.

Comment

I have ISY 4.7.3 as well. Can you tell me how to get to the "Options Tab" for the device when I am in the Administrative Console app?

Comment

Open the My Lighting tab on the left side. Mine is an older system. I believe it now maybe called My ISY
                Click on the module in question.
                The right side of the screen will open up. Giving you things like its ID what it is a controller for and responder to.
                Near the bottom of the screen are some tab choices. If the module can have options set. The options tab will be showing.
                If you use the Query choice it will double check the present settings. By checking and unchecking you can set the options. Then pick the Done after you are through with the Options.
                If you have not gone to the UDI forums and Wiki yet they are a great source of information.
                https://forum.universal-devices.com/
                https://wiki.universal-devices.com/i...itle=Main_Page

Comment

Got it -- Thanks! Mine show as buttons on the bottom of the right side. I was confused by "tabs".

Comment

Glad you got it. My bad you are correct it is buttons. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Saul Goodman! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X