Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isy upgrade

hello everyone,
    I have used ISY for years and have about a dozen insteon,Dual band) devices ( various light switches/modules,etc.I would like to "upgrade to something like "HomeKit integration." or even the Lutron Caseta...I am currently controlling all my devices through "programs" using The Java "Admin Console" for my ISY99x connected to my network and a PLM ( I have been doing this for years, so i'd like to not have to re-program everything if possible. and, Of course, it's not feasible to replace all of my insteon modules/ switches etc.) Is there any "educational info" on how to best do this.I am interested in this because I like the options for controlling things from my phone etc. plus, i'd like to enhance reliability/ flexibility/ connectivity if possible.. Any advice is appreciated

TIA,
    D

Anytime you are switching to a different system, it's best to start over to avoid potential issues. There's no easy way around it. You'll want to factory reset your devices and add them to your new system and set them up there

Comment

thanks for the info-- thats kinda what i thought... as long as i don't have to replace everything

Comment

I use an ISY for all of the conditional arguments, timers and schedules. I dropped a hub into the mix for phone and Alexa control over a fistful of modules.
        There's probably a better way to do it, but it seems to have worked flawlessly for about a year now.

Comment

You mentioned a ISY99x. Do you have a discontinued ISY99i or a presently made ISY994i?
          The old ISY99i has no new firmware updates in a long time now and presently manufactured Insteon module may not supported.
          I don't know if it is still available. UDI use to have an update to ISY994i special price on their sales site.

Comment

Its still there at the bottom of the page:

https://www.universal-devices.com/sales/

Comment

The ISY994i has officially been discontinued. For the Pollsy and now the EISY very compact computer with new Z Wave devices if you need one.
              Along with a short time period. Where free support is still available from UDI. Then a paid period.
              Forum support from very knowledgeable members should still be there.

Comment

Working...
              X