Insteon Dimmer 2632 - 422 Failing to initialise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Dimmer 2632 - 422 Failing to initialise

Hi. I have two dimmer modules 2632-422 which appear to have failed in an identical manner. I don't use the dim function but use the module to switch off tv, hifi and a vpn router for power save purposes overnight Unit 1 switched off and cannot be switched on, I was unable to switch manually at the switch or remotely via the hub or remote. I changed it for a spare and within 2 days the replacement has failed in exactly the same way.

It is directly next to a similar unit which switches room lights - it has no problem
    A cheap 433Mhz remote worked in this socket slot for many months - no problem

Plugging it into a separate socket makes no difference - the unit simply refuses to work or show any sign of life (led/beep etc)

It is possibly a problem with the ceramic fuses ? If not, any feedback or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Dave

Sounds like the unit is dead. Dimming products should only be used with dimmable loads as anything else could possibly damage the dimmer or be damaged. You should be using a relay for your application. Especially for your TV.

Comment

I agree with lilyoyo1.

Even though you might not be using the dimming function the module is still a dimmer and uses a triac, not a relay, so that will eventually wear down and give out. (You can Google the differences) With the load you have attached it is probably going much faster than someone who is just using it for some LED string lights.

You should use a 2633-422 for that application.

Comment

Thanks Both. I have switched to a on-off module rather than the dimmer. I did not need the dim function but hey, I had the kit. Are the dimmers repairable ?
        Will know if it is works in a week or so

Comment

Originally posted by Lcdxr01 View Post
          Thanks Both. I have switched to a on-off module rather than the dimmer. I did not need the dim function but hey, I had the kit. Are the dimmers repairable ?
          Will know if it is works in a week or so
          Most likely you burnt out the triacs which you wouldn't be able to easily repair.

Comment

Working...
          X