Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what IC/Pin to probe on a 2242 hub to capture COMs? X10 sniffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what IC/Pin to probe on a 2242 hub to capture COMs? X10 sniffer?

I have lights turning on and off on schedule via a hub I do not have access to, software wise.
    I plan to wipe it and set up a new account, but first need to know what their Insteon or X10 (suspect X10, since the rest of the house is X10) addresses are.
    I cannot physically locate the receivers to see what codes they are set to.
    But I do have access to the hub, and a scope, and could set it to one shot trigger and read the signals.
    Alternatively, a device you plug into the wall that listens and reads X10 signals would work too, but most I can find seem to cost $hundreds.
    Any clever suggestions, please?
    Cheers!

The Free Houselinc Software can be used with a 2242 HUB. Though I have no real experience with it and a HUB. So I don't know if it can read back scenes in it or maybe mess it up.

Yes X10 signal readers are not cheap. I know the XTBM from JV Digital Engineering can display X10 messages, it strength and the address. It also can show it received an Insteon message. Some times says Insteon or shows an X10 error like Bad Start Cone or noise. You may want to contact them and see if they have any loaners available. They charge a deposit that is refunded when it is returned. For a cost of $20 for a month. http://jvde.us/

Comment

BLH - that's a great idea, thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
      X