Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New home has Insteon hub with no way to access it - how can i read it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New home has Insteon hub with no way to access it - how can i read it?

Hi there, have just moved into a new home that has an Insteon hub (rev 2 - 2242-222), but I do not have access to the user account / email / password used by the previous owners. It might even be one set of owners ago as I am not sure they ever touched it.
    I do not know what devices are configured, or how they are configured. I have no issues with setting up a new account, resetting and duplicating, so then I can tweak at will, the problem is, I do not know how to access the current settings in order to copy them as a starting place. I do not want to reset it before I can learn HOW it is set currently.
    For example, we have outside lights coming on that I assume are being controlled by this hub, but no idea how many of them there are or what options I have.

Does anyone know any way I can do this or know of any other suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance!
    Cheers,
    Alan

Unfortunately you can't access it without the email/password. The easiest thing would be to contact the previous owners to see if they have the info. Outside of that, you will need to contact insteon to delete the hub and then factory reset everything.

​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply - yep, have contacted the previous owners already, and Insteon advised me that I could not and had to reset. Was hoping there was a hack to at least get a system snapshot

So if that is the case, how can I figure out how to turn on the external lights, will they have addresses built into them?

Comment

Each device would have its own address. Insteon could email you a copy of your address list that is in your hub. If you have to start fresh, I would recommend starting over with the newer 2245-222 hub as it is much more capable.

Comment

Thank you - both great tips - if I knew at least the addresses of all currently connected devices that would be a great start

Comment

Working...
          X