Pool Install - Best pump control method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Install - Best pump control method

I'm installing a pool and want to use insteon for control to match the rest of my house. I see the 2477SA1 and 2 are discontinued but the 2 (normally closed) is still available. I don't really like the idea of using a NC relay for controlling the pump as it will be off a lot more than on. I also wonder why they discontinued them, reliability or slow sales or other.

What are others doing for this. I could certainly use a 220v relay and just a standard 2477s and make it my self. This might even be the most robust solution too.

Any other ideas?

At one time there was an ELK9100 relay module. It was controlled by X10.
    There is an ELK9200 presently made. It is in an enclosure and has a 120VAC relay and two NO contacts wired to a terminal strip. You maybe able to use it or see how it operates and make your own. With a relay and an Insteon module controlling it.
    https://www.smarthome.com/elk-heavy-...enclosure.html

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
      Before INSTEON created the load controllers, they sold a kit that included a SwitchLinc On/Off that controlled a heavy-duty 220 relay. I prefer that option, that way you can easily replace just the 220 relay when it wears out.
      I am with you on that. you could also do with a low voltage. ad a flow censer. then it really get fun.
      Iphone 4
      Iphone 5
      Ipad
      Ipod touch
      2 galaxy 3
      2-D link 655
      23 insteon
      2 ezflora
      HUB
      HUB II
      also using Smartlinc
      1E.A2.0F

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
        Before INSTEON created the load controllers, they sold a kit that included a SwitchLinc On/Off that controlled a heavy-duty 220 relay. I prefer that option, that way you can easily replace just the 220 relay when it wears out.
        This is exactly what I do. I have two micro on-off modules connected to relays - one to control the pump and one to close a low-voltage automation contact to turn on the heater. I have them in a waterproof box outside. For the pump, I kept the existing normal switch in series with the relay contact so the pump can be quickly turned off if necessary.

Comment

I'm in the same boat of wanting to replace my pool pump controller. I see the 2477SA1 is no longer available anywhere but the 2477SA2 is down to $50 which is a great deal considering the alternatives. Can anyone explain exactly what impact N/C vs N/O will have? I understand the basics of how the relay is different, but does this reverse the meaning of on and off on the insteon side? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X