calibrate window size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calibrate window size

I am using the micromodule for my window screen.
    Normaly it is 50% closed or up.
    When the screen has been multiple times to 50%, the screen goes lower and lower and when up it does not go all the way up.
    When I calibrate the window, will the module store different times for up and down?
    Because down goes much easier then up. The weight of the screen helps it going down, but slows down the going up.
    Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
    Android 6.0.1
    PC: Asus X73S
    Windows 10
    Router: Asus RT=AC66U
    Insteon: 46 X10:10
    1E.C0.71

Peter, have you tried using the 'Calibration Assistant' in the App? Not sure if this will actually set a different time for Open and Closed.
    Hopefully there would be some limit switches to prevent over travel and you could have time set for full travel + 1 sec. This way it may compensate for the difference.
    The other option is to do as above with the slightly extra time and use the 'Slider' function on the App to have Fully Down = say 5% and Fully Up = 100%. Create a scene based on these values.
    Good Luck

Comment

The Open/Close Module is capable of only identical times in each direction. As DingDuck suggested, most motorized window coverings have limit switches. If your window screen does, then set the module for the longer of the two times, bottom to fully up or top to fully down. An intermediate position (e.g., half way) is not supported. It's also possible to add a second module for a partly open/closed position.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It's a pity the module has identical times for open and close calibration.
        Most blinds have a shorter time to go down then to go up because of their weight helping to go down.
        Perhaps it is a solution to add a few extra seconds to the full open and full close commands, then the screen will go all the way up.
        I use the screen to go to 50% when at home and up when I am away or when it is going to rain.
        Now after each 50 % and up it will stop at 10 cm before completely up and this is adding each time it goes to 50% and up again.
        I solved the problem now to go all the way down and then up again at the end of the day.
        Android 6.0.1
        Windows 10
        1E.C0.71

Comment

I've worked professionally with window coverings. If there's a difference in the open/close or up/down time, that's usually the indication of a lower cost motor. Quality motors such as Lutron, Hunter-Douglas and Somfy always have identical times. None depend on gravity because of the different materials used for the window covering.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

• peterpc
            peterpc commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a Somfy motor.

I have more than a dozen Somfy motorized window coverings. None differ in the up and down times. Which specific motor do you have? Is it a 12 volt, 24 volt or 110 volt motor? Do you have a Somfy remote? If so, which one?

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
            I have more than a dozen Somfy motorized window coverings. None differ in the up and down times. Which specific motor do you have? Is it a 12 volt, 24 volt or 110 volt motor? Do you have a Somfy remote? If so, which one?
            It is a 230V motor with no remote.
            I will check with a stopwatch if there is a difference in time for up and down and let you know.
            Android 6.0.1
            Windows 10
            1E.C0.71

Comment

Working...
            X