Micro open/close issue with skylight motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro open/close issue with skylight motor

I have a skylight controlled by a 120V motor. The motor has 2 separate load wires, one for up, one for down. I have those connected to the micro open/close load lines (L1 and L2). The 2 sense wires are connected to the 2 sides of a dual momentary switch. In general, this configuration works fine. However, my issue is that the motor is likely a bit undersized for the weight of my skylight (the whole thing was custom manufactured). I have the open/close time set to something like 60 seconds which is plenty to open the skylight. However, what actually happens when I push my momentary switch up is that the skylight opens for a few seconds, then stops. Repeating this does the same thing. However, if I HOLD the button, the motor opens without stopping. At first I thought this had something to do with the motor "giving up" due to too much load, but if holding the switch makes it open continuously, then the difference has something to do with the Insteon micro module. Does anyone know how a single press open command differs from holding? Is there some way to set the controller to treat a single press the same as holding? One more NOTE: closing the skylight works fine by pressing once and not holding.

It sounds like the device itself never finished calibration.
    From the app, tap on. wait for it to complete, tap off, wait for it to complete, and repeat the process a second time. This should calibrate the settings and it should work fine from there.
    If you are still experiencing issues reply back to the group.
    Last edited by DanielP; 05-30-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I have calibrated many, many times, but I can try again. Are you saying that the key is that I need to fully calibrate it two times in a row for it to work? That seems like a bug.

Comment

Calibrating once should be fine, however as a general rule I run it twice.

Comment

Working...
        X