2442-522 micro dimmer flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2442-522 micro dimmer flashing

I have just installed a micro dimmer (2442-522) behind one of my switches.
    I am having some issues with it flashing in time with insteon traffic on the hub (2242.x22).
    It seems to be less apparent on 100% but is unbearable at any other dim level.
    I am about to replace it with another module, but wanted to know if this is a known issue? Firmware/hardware?

Blink on traffic is a feature that is normally off unless you change it. Sometimes, devices are shipped with the feature on. It's a good idea to factory reset every new device before installing it.

In any case, do you have a controller such as a Hub?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

What is flashing. The Load or the Set LED?
      The Load normally never should flash. Though some Insteon modules seem to be sensitive to Insteon power line communications signals.

Comment

I have 3 micro dimmers and 2 of them are flashing (1 works perfectly). It is the load flashing. I thought they were bad bulbs blinking randomly but after reading this post I tested and they only blink on insteon traffic. How can I stop this? It looks like Morse code when I was hoping to set the mood with dim lights.

Comment

I have something very similar - if i set the dimmer to less than 100% then quite frequently it flashes at 100% (every 5 -10 secs) - I don't know if it is tied to insteon traffic (how would one tell) but it is annoying and not useful as a dimmer - I tried the factory reset and that did not help - and tried to set the dimmer via the on/off switches, but the result is still the same. It feels like a product problem - how does one escalate this to Insteon to get it fixed?

Comment

Just some tips about Insteon and LED’s. Insteon switches are forward phase / triac dimmers. LED loads that are Reverse Phase will have adverse effects in many cases.

You may also find various results based on how many LED’s are connected to the dimmer. A 2477D dimmer will work differently in some cases then a dimmer micro module.

example: you will likely not get the same dimming curve on your dimming with a micro module as opposed to a 2477D.

i have see cases where two bulbs on a micro dimmer might flicker on traffic when 3 bulbs won’t yet the same 2 on a 2477d might not flicker. I’m not an led expert but I have seen many cases where changing the bulbs being used solved the flickering on the same module where it was previously present.

Comment

Working...
            X