Adding Micro Module Behind Dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Micro Module Behind Dimmer

I am not a fan of the Insteon Dimmer Switches with the push to hold to dim or brighten. The dimmer switches we have utilize a slider to dim and brighten and then a regular switch to turn them on and off. I purchased a Micro Dimmer Module, only because the on/off micro modules were out of stock, to put behind the dimmer switch I have.

My goal is this:

I want to be able to turn the lights on and off using the Insteon App or Alexa and I also want to turn them on and off using the switch itself. I also want to be able to dim the lights using the switch also. Dimming with the micro module isn't needed but if it would work great. I understand though that if I have my physical dimmer switch dimmed to 50% that if the dimmer module is at 100% then really it can only go as bright as what the physical switch is.

I have tried to wire in the micro module a few different ways but without much success. My dimmer switch has an extra wire in case it were in a 3-way setup. I tried this as well as if it went line - dimmer switch - micro module - load and it still didn't work.

Any suggestions or is this just not possible at all?

Thanks!
Working...
X