Fanlinc with Scene Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc with Scene Controller

I am new to the FanLinc module and would like to set up the 6-button Insteon scene controller switch to control fan light and fan speed. I have successfully set up the light control to come ON and OFF with the upper and lower ON/OFF buttons. I have set up the other four buttons to control the various speeds of the fan according to the FanLinc instructions BUT I would like only one scene button to be on at a time. eg when a certain fan speed is selected (scene B for example: medium speed), only the one button is activated and the others turn off. I can't seem to figure this one out - I have the fan on the bench and am setting it up before I crawl up 30 feet to the ceiling! Is my goal achievable? Thanks in advance for help...

In the scenes you created, one for each speed plus off, set the designated speed on the FanLinc and button to be On and include the other speed buttons to be Off. For example:

FanLinc High ON
    KPL button High ON
    KPL button Low OFF
    KPL button Medium OFF
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

OK great. I'll try it. thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X