Fan Linc and loud Lum on high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Linc and loud Lum on high

I have a Fanlinc wired to a Hunter ceiling fan. The ceiling fan does not have any pullchains. Instead if came with an IR controller. I replaced the IR controller with a Fanlinc. It worked great for about a year.

After a year, now I get a loud hum whenever I call for Fan High. Low and Medium work fine. If I select High, I get a loud hum and the fan stops turning.

I believe this is a premature burn-out of some of the motor windings, but I am not an expert. My question is is if it's possible this is related to replacing the IR controller with the Fanlinc. Has anyone else had such a problem?

Thanks.

Andy,
    ​I have not had this issue (yet) but thanks for the "heads up", since I have what sounds like the same fan and was considering the same "upgrade" that you have already done. I think I may consider upgrading the fan to a non-IR version when I upgrade to a Fanlinc device as well.

Comment

zimbrich, which fan do you have that is IR controlled?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X