2475F FanLinc does not turn off fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2475F FanLinc does not turn off fan

Hello! A couple days ago, I installed a new fan (Kichler Lucian LED with no pull chains in case it makes a difference) along with a Fanlinc and a 6 button keypad. Took a while to figure it all out, but it worked perfectly for about a day. All of a sudden, I cannot turn the fan off. The fan speeds work and the light works fine, but no matter where I initiate turning it off, the app and the light on the FanLinc show that the fan should be off, but the fan stays on at its previous speed. A factory reset (done while the red wire was disconnected from the fan motor wire because the fan starts as soon as the breaker is turned on) did not help. I took the keypad out of the equation (even though both keypad and FanLinc are wired always on) and that didn't make a difference. I saw a couple other posts with this same issue, but neither post had a resolution. Anyone figure out the cause and/or a solution?

Can you temporarily substitute an incandescent bulb for the fans motor and see if it always runs. Even when it should be off.
    If it is stuck On and factory reset does not help. The module may have failed. Calling customer support may get you further tests or a warranty exchange for a possible bad module.

Comment

The LED bulb is integrated into the fan so I can't use an incandescent bulb, but I can try disconnecting the light fixture and see if that makes a difference. I'll try that and also disconnecting the light wire from the FanLinc light wire too and report back shortly.

Comment

Disconnecting the light fixture didn't make a difference. I called customer support and am working through their process. I'll respond with the resolution once I get one.

Comment

Just closing this out. Insteon is sending me another one. Hopefully that one lasts longer than a day...

Comment

Working...
          X