Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FanLinc with 6 Button Keypad and Separate Dimmer Switch For Light Control Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FanLinc with 6 Button Keypad and Separate Dimmer Switch For Light Control Install

After a lot of talks with the wife, she has finally agreed to allow me to start converting our home into a smart home. I plan on starting small by getting the Fanlinc and the 6 button keypad for the ceiling fan in our bedroom. The current setup for the ceiling fan is two dedicated wall switches, one for the fan on/off, and the other for the light on/off. The wife would like to have the setup to look as close as possible to the original setup but with the keypad and a dimmer switch. Would it be possible to install the Fanlinc in the fan, the 6 button keypad to control the fan speeds, and an additional dimmer switch that links the the light button on the keypad to the dimmer switch? For instance, when we hit the top button on the keypad, it will turn on the fan lights but the dimming function will be transferred to the dimmer switch? I tried to explain the simplicity of just using the keypad as the dimmer but she is set on having the two different switches. Can this be accomplished with just having the Fanlinc, 6 button keypad, and a dimmer switch or would it be more hassle then it is worth? As the old adage goes, happy wife happy life so the closer I can get it to meet her needs the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Nerd_99%_of_the_Time View Post
    After a lot of talks with the wife, she has finally agreed to allow me to start converting our home into a smart home. I plan on starting small by getting the Fanlinc and the 6 button keypad for the ceiling fan in our bedroom. The current setup for the ceiling fan is two dedicated wall switches, one for the fan on/off, and the other for the light on/off. The wife would like to have the setup to look as close as possible to the original setup but with the keypad and a dimmer switch. Would it be possible to install the Fanlinc in the fan, the 6 button keypad to control the fan speeds, and an additional dimmer switch that links the the light button on the keypad to the dimmer switch? For instance, when we hit the top button on the keypad, it will turn on the fan lights but the dimming function will be transferred to the dimmer switch? I tried to explain the simplicity of just using the keypad as the dimmer but she is set on having the two different switches. Can this be accomplished with just having the Fanlinc, 6 button keypad, and a dimmer switch or would it be more hassle then it is worth? As the old adage goes, happy wife happy life so the closer I can get it to meet her needs the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Were you successful in getting the KaypadLinc, Fanlinc and Dimmer Switch installed? If so, can you share how you connected the wiring? This is the exact same setup I'm trying to achieve. .

Comment

Thanks! I'll be installing my devices this evening.

Comment

Working...
      X