Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Zwave product work with insteon

I'm interested in using Aeon Labs Aeotec Zwave Heavy Duty Module Features:

• Supports 240VAC loads up to 40A resistive, 5HP motor with my insteon system since insteon discontinued their 40 amp switch. Can they work together without additional equipment?

Not directly. Both protocols can be used in the same installation. Many of the ISY994i users have both in the same setup.

You would need a controller that is Zwave compatible.

What Insteon interface are you using? The UDI ISY994i can also do Zwave if it has the Zwave daughter board installed. The ZWave board for the ISY994i can be user added, if it was not purchased with one.

The ELK is a 30 Amp relay and the Insteon one was also 30 Amp not 40 Amp.

ELK makes a interface assembly. ELK-9200. That has an AC plug on it and can be controlled by an Insteon On/Off module or wired into a 2477S. To control its heavy duty 220 relay. https://www.smarthome.com/elk-heavy-...enclosure.html
    Last edited by BLH; 10-15-2019, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just need 30 amp. Although when I went to Aarteck ( Canadian Insteon Supplier) it states that the ElK- 9200 is rated for 60 amps. Maybe an error? Do I still need to verify my insteon interface to use the ELK?

Comment

The more information you provide about your setup the more we can help you.

Comment

The ELK web site indicates a 30Amp rated relay contact. Sounds like the vendor you looked at may have an error in their listing.

The Smarthome link in my earlier message. Also has a 30 amp rating for the device and has a users manual link in it if you want to see if it is suitable for your needs.

Comment

For that kind of thing I just us a $10 30 amp contactor with a 120V coil and drive the coil with a 2477S. Works great.

Comment

Working...
            X