Adding In-Linelinc Module to Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding In-Linelinc Module to Scene

I have two on/off in-linelinc modules that control outdoor holiday lights. Each module is programmed to a 4-button wall keypad and respond properly when turned on/off. I have a Hub2 through which I can manually turn each device on/off in the android phone app. However, when I created a scene and a schedule for those modules, neither respond when I manually activate the scene. I added another device that works in another scene and it worked in the holiday scene but the in-linelinc modules still did not work.
    What's the secret to get in-linelinc modules to work in a Hub2 scene through the app?
    Ken
    Last edited by Kekeken; 11-26-2021, 11:59 AM.

When you set up the scene using the hub app, did the app ask you to go and press the set button on the inlinelincs? If so, go through that process again but make sure that, before you press and hold the set button, the inlinelincs are On, meaning whatever they are controlling are On.

This just has to do with the way certain older devices respond to the hub app.

Comment

No, it did not prompt me to. Perhaps because the devices are already controlled individually in the app. I will try deleting the modules from the app and then add them back while in the ON position.

Comment

Well, that did not work. Deleted the scene. Deleted the devices. One at a time I turned them ON and added in the app and then recreated the scene with a schedule. They will still turn ON individually through the app but not when activating the scene.

Comment

If it didn't prompt you then that wouldn't be the issue.

There are two apps for Insteon. The older "Insteon for Hub" and the newer'ish "Insteon for Mobile." You might try downloading the other (whichever you do not use) and see if the scene works on that? I heard that the two are slightly different in how they handle some devices so maybe there is an issue with the 2475xxx line in one of the apps.

If not...anyone else?

Comment

I am using the Insteon Lighting app on both my android phone and tablet. I can try the For Hub version but seems weird that their latest app lost the ability to function with some of their products. One would think that the new one would be a culmination of controls for all of their products

Comment

Working...
            X