2477S led indicator flickers (not load)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477S led indicator flickers (not load)

I have about 10 in-wall switches and dimmers and just added a 2477S and 2477D to a dual gang box. The 2477S has a slight flicker in the LED indicators that are to the left of the paddle button. Is this a sign of a bad switch, network traffic, or a loose connection? The 2477D does not have this flicker.

Searching this forum with the keyword of flicker is no fun when referencing the LEDs on the switch itself. The loads on the switches are working fine. I should also mention that I wasn't having any luck getting the hub to talk to them via the app but that may have been due to toddler/bedtime interference. The new switches seemed to pair fine between my other devices without issue when using the set button so I know they are at least communicating with each other and a lamplinc close by. When I have more time tomorrow I'll find out for sure whether or not there is an issue there.

First, ensure that there are no loose connections. Use pliers. If that doesn't solve the problem, then delete the errant device from the Hub. Follow the instruction to Factory Reset the SwitchLinc, Don't try to rush the procedure, it'll take a while. If you err, start over. A small screwdriver helps..

Before re-adding to the Hub, did the annoying flicker stop?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I ended up moving the hub to another location and the subtle flicker in the 2477S stopped. Its nice and bright now. Kind of odd. For kicks I tried the traffic setting and the flicker was definitely not from that setting. It was more like what a poorly grounded led looks like. The two switches paired immediately after moving the hub. I'll definitely keep an eye on the switch and recheck connections this weekend to ensure they're solid. Seeing the 2477S do that and not the 2477D next to it makes me a little suspicious.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

That moving the Hub solved the problem strongly suggests a communication problem with the Hub, not the device. What else is on the same circuit as the Hub?

Computer power supplies, UPSs, wall warts are among known sources of difficulty and, when proven to be at fault, should be plugged into a filter. And, yes, it's possible for a single device to be affected.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X