Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2476S Not Beeping (cannot even factory reset)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2476S Not Beeping (cannot even factory reset)

My 2476S's LED lights are on. I can pull the set button and see the LED turn off. When I press the set button back in and hold it, the lights turn back on but there is no beep. I've waited as long as 30 seconds and there still wasn't a beep.

The issue that I'm trying to solve is that the switch randomly stopped responding. When I press ON while the lights are off, they do not turn on and when I press OFF while the lights are on, they do not turn off. Factory reseting is just where I'm stuck right now.

Depending on the age of the switch it may not give you a beep, unless you have heard it beep in the past.

After pulling out the set button, and smoothly pressing it back in and holding down for 10-20 seconds (I usually hold it down longer on the older switches) the light switch should cycle On.

It sounds like the paddle is no longer hitting the little buttons under it to control the light and most likely needs to be replaced. Does it still respond to the app?

Comment

The original 2476S didn't even have an Arc Gap switch and used a different Factory Reset procedure.

If your LED on the side does go off or if puling the Set Button out does turn off the load. Then your does have an air gap switch and Factory Reset. You mentioned should work.

My hardware rev. 6.0+ manual shows a beeper in the factory reset. Earlier hardware may not have a beeper. I know my early ones do not have a beeper or air gap switch. You should find a sticker on the switch. Giving the revision number, date code and six digit Insteon ID.

There was a bad production period where the small tact switches under the paddles didn't make contact. They would mechanically click but not connect. Causing the Off, On or both On and Off to stop working from the paddles but still go on and off remotely. Yours may have bad tact switches.

You can check to see if the paddles are hitting the small tact switches. Take the paddle assembly off (don't loose those real small screws) and activate them with a small stick or screw driver. You can also wiggle the switches button and see if it sometimes does activate the on or off function and sometimes not.

If you have the old ones where it has no air gap switch on the set button and the LED and load do not turn off when pulled out. Let us know I have the original full manual and can get you the factory reset method for them.
      Last edited by BLH; 07-02-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X