Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2466SW - Acts erratic when neighboring standard switch is flipped

Hello -

I have an Insteon hub, three dimmable switches and a smart outlet that all work fine. I just added 3 more switches and and have the following two issues::

1) I added a 2466SW in a 3-gang box to control my porch lights. The other two switches are standard switches and I didn't mess with them - one for interior foyer lights and one for outside floods. At first after installing the 2466SW, turning on the foyer lights (the standard switch that I didn't mess with) would trip the circuit breaker. It's like the mere presence of the 2466SW is messing with the system. Tonight, the 2466SW is completely unresponsive and does not light up.

2) I also installed one 2466SW to control my bedroom ceiling fan and a 2466DW to control my bedroom lights. They are side by side in a 4 gang box along with two standard switches that control flood lights. I did not mess with these old switches. My first problem is that neither switch can link to my hub (2245-222) which happens to be in the very same room and the same circuit. The second issue is that if I manually turn on the lights and then turn on the fan, the lights turn off. I can turn the lights back on, but I can't stand this weird behavior.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I would check your wiring for the first issue. Could be using the wrong neutral wire.

For your second issue, since you are using Powerline only devices, there could be a noise issue or possibly they are not on the same circuit like you think. If you are certain they are on the same circuit then there may be noise issues. Make sure the hub isn't plugged into a surge protector or try it in a different outlet.

It sounds like you accidently linked your light to your fan in the off position. You can test for this by double tapping your fan on. If the light turns on then it was linked to that switch.

Comment

Working...
    X